Friday, July 20, 2012

Balancing Act

So, I'm a hot mess. I always try to handle everything by myself. I'm a military spouse so I'm use to being alone and doing what needs to me done...I know my other wives understand. You're married, but have a roommate that's never home. You're married, but a single parent. You learn to deal and do. My distress; however, is not being alone and doing it by myself. It is actually relinquishing the idea that I am alone and must do it by myself. I have a terrific support system and many friends who are willing and ready to lend a hand. But do I call on them? No! I'd rather be hardheaded. This only leads to more stress and utter dismay.


Well, I started this blog as a creative outlet. I used to write. I enjoyed it. I stopped for YEARS! I want to revisit writing and the enjoyment out of it I once experienced. This blog has no style and will most likely be all over the place until I figure out what I am doing. Mostly I am allowing my thoughts to travel through my fingertips into the key board. Hoping in the end that I have written something cohesive to the idea behind this adventure. Hats. Multitasking. Being which ever person called upon for or during a situation. 


Writing every 1 to 3 days. That's my goal. I struggle. I struggle with the notion that blogging is a waste of time? Am I neglecting my child? Could this time be put to better use? Does anyone really care what I have to say? Does it matter? I thought I was writing to revisit the enjoyment blah blah. Your words. I end up having a ridiculous argument with myself. I can't be quite stubborn! I never get to win!


Anyway. Point is I have a lot going on. My full-time job of being a wife and mother. Yes, it is a real job thank you very much! My part-time going on full-time job of being a Zumba® Fitness instructor. Personal Training on the side. The very FAR side! Last and could be least, this blog. How do I balance it all? How do other women in similar situations do it? Please share your secrets!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lisette M. said...

No I don't think you are neglecting your child if you are taking 5 -10 min to decompress by means of your blog. It is tough...I don't think anyone is "successful" at juggling EVERYTHING as a military wife, who is at times a single parent. I think the only way you know you are being successful is when you see the joy in your child and know that they are happy and healthy. Yeah my house will not be in the cover of Better Homes and Garden and yes it takes me a couple of days to completely fold and put away laundry, but everyday I prepare and put a hot meal on the table for my family and we sit together as a family to enjoy our company even though the kids are little.

I am sure a lot of women can relate to you , so yes they would care of what you have to say, and if it matters to you, then it DOES matter.