Tuesday, July 31, 2012

WOW: Day One

WOW Series
Day One

You maybe wondering how to start. Here are a few of steps to help get the ball rolling.
1. Pick a goal.
2. Make a plan.
3. Provide yourself with the tools to follow the plan.
4. Eliminate obstacles
5. Accountability

Choose your goal! "In six weeks, my goal is _______." Please be sure that your goal is reasonable for the established time-frame. Write it down. Put it on Facebook. Tweet it. Blog it. Call your mom and tell her your goal. Share with a co-worker or fellow student. The point is ACCOUNTABILITY! If no one is helping you stay accountable, getting sidetracked or giving up is almost inevitable.

Now, you make a plan. When are you working out? Morning? Lunchtime? Evening? How often? What type of workout will you chose? There are many. Insanity, P90X, and Crossfit  are just to name a few. Doesn't really matter what you chose. The fact is that you will see results once you start eating right and MOVE! I will tell you that you definitely need to hit the weights. Cardio is not the ONLY answer.

Providing yourself with the right tools is important. If you plan to workout at home, you may want to invest in exercise equipment. Or you could join a gym. You need a journal and pen. Keep track of you progress.  You need to eat a well-balanced diet. Make a meal plan. Start planning all your meals for the week. Shop for the meal plan. Try eating 6-8 small meals a day. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, before, during and after your workout. Nutrition is 60% of success when it comes to being fit and healthy.

Eliminate! What is you weakness - your Achilles Heel? Is it soda or candy? Going out for dinner? If your friends invite you to go out to dinner every weekend or eat out for lunch, let them know about your refocus on health and that you are eliminating roadblocks. Trust me, they will understand. This is important. Don't short-change yourself. Eliminate the obstacles that stand in your way. Go through your pantry and fridge and start eliminating! You don't need those things. They don't help you. Discipline is key here, people. You can not satisfy appetite. Feeding your appetite only makes it grow.

As I mentioned earlier, accountability is crucial to success. Surround yourself with a support group. This series will be my accountability and I would love your support and involvement! Share your goals with me. Share your plans with me. Share your triumphs with me. Share your setbacks with me, too. I want to be here for you.

I've picked my goal. Have you? Come back tomorrow morning. I'll be sharing my plan with you.

Go for the WOW!



1 comment:

Kathie said...

In six weeks, my goal is to lose 8 pounds or more.