Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Elora Danan's Language Skills at 16 Months

Elora Danan is a smart little girl. I know I'm bias because I'm her mom; however I'm still convinced I have a very bright munckin. There are a few words she can say clearly and be understood by everyone else and not just me. She also has 3 'sentences' that she uses correctly.

Here are her words:
• Mama
• Daddy
• Hi
• Bye
• Go
• Up
• Please
• Pretty
• Bubbles
• Outside
• Nose

Here are her 3 'sentences':
• Thank You
• Brush Teeth
• Right There

I hope I didn't forget any. I'd say that presently at 16 months, Elora Danan has a 15 to 18 word vocabulary which she uses correctly. The rest of it is giberrish as she experiments with constructing sentences and the give and take of conversation. All in all I'm super proud and excited for the next few months as she begins to learn more words and will be able to hold a conversation with me.

Side note:
For words she cannot say she communicates via signing.

Words she signs:
• More (correctly signed)
• All Gone or Done (made up our own. She didn't take to the correct signing)
• Yes (nods her head)
• No (shakes her head)

That's all I can think of right now. I'm no expert in child development and I'm a first time mom, but I personally think Elora Danan is right on track or possibly advanced.  Either way it doesn't matter.  She's bright, happy, healthy, and for lack of a better word, perfect. I love her like crazy.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings!

No comments: