Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's been a while...

I have a lot planned and I've been working on a complete revamp and relaunch of my blog. I've been feeling aimlessly and without direction for months now. Things have been so difficult lately. Since moving to San Antonio, TX, I have been on a roller coaster of life experiences. Unexplained headaches, a planned and very much wanted pregnancy, family issues, taking on or being involved in too much at once with health issues looming overhead, moving into a new house, dealing with dishonest renters and trying to cover a mortgage in Florida, ending up in the hospital for 2 days with a preterm labor scare, and just feeling an overall sense of failure. It has been a tough 8 months! However, God is good! He carries us through even when we think we'll never make it. I've felt so lost for 8 months. I know others have it worse, but this is my struggle and it has been a learning experience for sure.

Things are starting to brighten! Since moving into our new house on base, I have not had one - NOT one! - of those terrible headaches that I had been dealing with for 6 months. My husband has been amazing beyond words and has stuck with me through some tough family issues - I'm so thankful for him! Slowly but surely things are looking better and better for us.

With prayer and time things work out. Sometimes it takes longer than we would like BUT things will work out. God promises to see us through. I believe that promise. Christmas is all about a promise. A great gift was given to us. A promise was made. Dispite rough times and discouraging situations, you can find comfort at Christmas. You may not have money or tons of gifts under the tree. You may be alone or deployed. But one thing remains true...we have a Savior who came to earth, suffered and was tempted, and then died for our sins because of an unfathomable and unconditional love for us! We can rejoice. We can rest assured that all things are temporary on this earth, even the most terrible and heartbreaking situations will pass!

I am blessed with
• a godly and wonderful husband
• a beautiful, healthy, and intelligent daughter
• a new baby girl who I will get to meet in 37 days (give or take)
• an amazing church family
• a wonderful and loving family
• new and old friends
The blessings are endless. I just need to remember that I am truly blessed and trials are but fleeting.

If you are going through a rough time this Christmas, please feel free to share with me so I can add you to my prayer list. I, also, want to encourage you to keep your head up and things will get better.

Here is one of my favorite passages of Scripture:
Psalm 121 (KJV)
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore."

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
God bless :)

No comments: