Wednesday, October 9, 2013

31 Day of Eating Home Cooked Meals: Week 2 Update and Dinner Menu

I'm a little behind in posting and I already confessed that with the whole house being sick, we have stumble a bit. I swear, every time I set a goal and begin to work hard for it some obstacle appears. But that's life, right! There will always be roadblocks, detours, obstacles, etc... but what's a challenge without a little adversary? Makes you appreciate what you're fighting for that much more!

This week we are still eating leftovers for the most part. I have another menu, thanks to my friend at The Fresh Kitchen, that I need to buy ingredients for. She has been wonderful and VERY helpful. I have learned so much! I have even started to experiment on my own. However, I still seek her advise and well, basically, her approval! She's like my cooking crutch right now. Soon I'll be skilled enough to 'fly' on my own.

This week I may revisit the recipes from last week that were instant winners with my family. Until I am healthy and my family is healthy I may not try as many new things. I feel rundown and it doesn't help to have a new puppy, be preggers, and be hounded by a sick, clingy toddler. Oh an a sick husband. Sometimes I could just lock myself in a closet and hide for a good while. Or run off to a deserted island for a few days. Oh, that would be nice. Wait this turned into a complaining session....BACK TO FOOD!

The recipes I am looking forward to repeating are:


The recipes I will be trying this week are:


I have only to find the ever so elusive celery root! I have been to 3 stores. Tomorrow I hope to shop for all the items needed for the new recipes and start that night. 


Here is my experiment .. Day 9 Lunch: quinoa with roasted sweet potatoes, sautéed onions, garlic, and apples, dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and topped with a fried egg. I seasoned with salt and pepper. It's good, but I feel it's missing something... on a side note it was my first time cooking quinoa and it cooked perfectly.

Thank you for reading!
Lydia

No comments: