Thursday, December 4, 2014

Why should I start blogging again?

To blog or not to blog. I have been wrestling with this blog for over three years. Since becoming pregnant with my first child. I started out with true determination and with what I thought would be interesting enough for me to keep up with & not give up or become bored with as quickly. My main hesitation has always been that I don't believe that I have anything interesting to about which to write. I've always enjoyed writing. Perhaps I don't find myself interesting enough. Why would anyone else? Why does that matter? I started this blog for me, right?
This blog was intended to be a place where I could express myself creatively, sharing my struggles and triumphs as a girl who wears many hats. Wife. Mother. Daughter. Sister. Friend. Servant. There are so many parts of who I am and sometimes they "argue" with one another as I try to succeed at this new hat of being a parent. The mom struggles with the part of me who just wants to sleep in or just sleep at all. There's also the constant struggle between the stay-at-home-homeschool-mom and the free-spirit who doesn't like or want to be 'tied down'. I have conflicting drives and desires. I know I can make it work. I just haven't figured it all out yet. This blog is suppose to be the recordings of my journey.

I created a Facebook page to promote my blog. Why? Why would a girl who is uncomfortably awkward with attention do that? 

I love helping others. My husband teases me that I am always trying to save the world. He's right. I get bent out of shape if I can't fix someone's problems. There is always the next cause with me. Whose suffering can I alleviate next?

Regardless of it all, here I am blogging once again. Will I stick with it this time? l sure hope so. I have a lot to say. l suppose I lack the conviction that what I write might actually make a difference in someone's life. Yes, that is important to me. l should not walk this earth without serving others. It just seems silly for me to go all the years of my life on this earth and not make a difference. I may not cure cancer or solve world hunger, but that shouldn't stop me from serving my neighbor or the family that lives down street that I've never met.

So, here I am starting up my blog again in hopes that I'll stick to it, but more importantly uplift others & make a difference in the world. Even if that world is just on my street. Everyone matters!

No comments: