Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year Resolution #2

Taking care of myself. Too often I put myself on the back burner. Aside from working out (its my job), I don't take care of myself. I put everything and everyone else before me. That's all fine and dandy, but there needs to be a balance. This year I have decided to start taking care of Lydia. Whether it's as elaborate as going for a mani/pedi or as simple as brushing my hair. This ties in with Resolution #1. I want to be a good example to Elora Danan. I want her to grow up understanding that she is valuable and special. It's important to consider oneself. If she sees mommy wearing the clothes she slept in and unwashed hair to the market to buy veggies, she will learn that this is acceptable. personal hygiene is not an option or choice. And one should not wear jammies to the store. So lazy!

I was never one to spend anytime on myself, but as I get older I'm beginning to actually like the way I look. I never gave it a thought before and MAN did it ever show. I'll dig up some pictures for a later entry. I'm nearing the big 30 and I'm not a little girl anymore. I may be at heart, but that's completely different. So Starting this year, whether I leave the house or not, I will shower and get ready for the day. Meaning, I will get dressed, brush my hair, and at least moisturize my face. Oh, and accessorize slightly.

Here's how I look today. This is my easy-running-errands-mommy-look. I'm wearing LOFT jeans, LOFT Booties, Basic V-neck Tee (I don't remember and there's no tag. lol), braided rope belt from Target, and Skrym earrings







No comments: