Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year's Resolution #1

My first resolution for 2013 is to be the best mom I can possibly be to Elora. I will strive to only provide her with the very best nutrition. I promise to set forth a good example in all things in life. From eating right and working out to making the bed in the morning. Nothing is too great or too small. I promise to guide her and teach her how to become a well-rounded person. I will train her up according to the Bible. I promise to teach her about self worth, through taking care of myself (I am guilty of not caring for myself like I should).

The list is long, but I think you get the point. I just want her to grow up and excel. I am first and foremost her primary educator. I do not take this task lightly. Some may call me strict or mean. Some may call me paranoid or even the opposite, because I don't run to her and pick her up every time she whimpers or even cries. Finding the right balance is difficult. However God gave me instincts for a reason. He created women to be mothers. I know that I can and will do a good job.

I love this Hat. Motherhood. Love it.

This picture was the first time I danced with my daughter. Still brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.

Elora Danan 2 days old. Getting ready to leave the hospital.
02/26/12

No comments: