Friday, May 10, 2013

My Spidey Sense is Tingling!

Today I actually got up at a decent time, because someone let me sleep through the night. Thank you, sweet child! I even showered, put on a little make up, and dressed in a cute outfit.  I fed Little Bits breakfast, unloaded the dishwasher, straightened the living room, and got my toddler to take a nap (for 2 whole hours). I was feeling quite accomplished. Almost like a real mother and housewife...yay. I decided to take a little break and reward myself with my first cup of coffee and breakfast before tackling laundry next. I start prepping our Keurig and suddenly I get the notion to go into the garage. Boy, am I glad...I would have never gone into the garage today if it hadn't been for my Spidey Sense. I'm a huge Spiderman fan.


WATER everywhere! There was a leak. I don't know where the water was coming from, but I had to quickly attempt to rescue our belongs from further water damage. The bulk of the damage was focused on the box containing Eric's military awards, certificates, etc! I began emptying boxes and laying out documents and certificates to dry. Eric's childhood artwork and awards for Boy Scouts were also damaged. It was so sad. I know that they are just possessions, but Eric was saving them to share with our children and grandchildren.


Eric came home for lunch and helped me with the other boxes that were to heavy for me to move. He called maintenance and they came out immediately. They found the cause of the problem. The hose on our washer wasn't tightened enough and had slowly been dripping into the wall. This should not have been a problem because the draining pipe should have been moving the water out. The maintenance man said that they will be back on Monday to break through the wall and find the leak in the pipe!

Looks like this weekend will be spent unpacking the rest of our belongings and trying to find a place for them all. Fun. I am glad though. I've been trying to do this on my own and I haven't gotten much of anywhere. Now Eric will be more eager to help me on his days off so we can get it done and I can finally start keeping house better. Here's a picture of some items ruined by the water.

No comments: