Monday, December 12, 2011

Am I Scattered-Brained?

So, I was trying to organize myself today, a feat nearly impossible according to Eric, and I realized that I am more scattered then I originally thought. I look around me and I see that most of my friends have only a couple of real hobbies, projects, or interests. And they do them WELL. I, on the other hand, am spread out so thinly. I have too many things going at the same time. I become distracted easily causing me to put aside whatever task and forget about it for a LONG TIME. I eventually get back to it and think, "Oh yeah! I was really into that just a little while ago." A little while ago can mean really any amount of time to me. From 15 minutes ago to 4-5 months.


Throughout this pregnancy, Eric has continually urged me to find a hobby to keep myself from going stir crazy. I don't need to find another one! My current resolve is to become efficient in at least one 'hobby'. My ultimate goal is to be very well-rounded and enjoy each hobby/interest/project of mine thoroughly. I am choosing one hobby and I will give it all my attention and will-power. I will document my progress to keep myself accountable. Now to just choose one...hmm. 


My project will be to FINALLY complete my mom-in-law's Afghan blanket I've been working on for the past 5 years.

1 comment:

Olyvia Smiles said...

I think it's a family trait. Mom usually has several projects going on at once and so do I. WOuld love to see some photos of your projects!!!