Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Shame On ME

Well, I had decided to start working out the end of July to WOW my husband when he returned from TDY. He was going to be gone for 6 weeks. Plenty of time to show a few results. I had a plan and I even blogged about it for accountability. Well, nothing happened. He'll be home in 3 days and I've gotten nothing to wow him with.

SHAME ON ME!

I am determined to start working out though. I even found a female workout partner...now, if we could just start! That would be awesome.

I'm really good at finding excuses! I know that I look good for having had my first baby 6 months ago, but that is no excuse to allow my strength and endurance to diminish. I say I'm too tired to workout. I say I teach Zumba® Toning and Zumba® Sentao and that's enough! I say that I'm a prat-time single mommy and toting my baby, stroller, pack-n-play, spears, etc. to class everyday is enough of a workout.

ALL THESE EXCUSES!!!

But I am not happy with my current fitness level. I stare at my deltoids hoping that if I stare long enough they will self-develop. I want washboard abs, but I won't do the work! I want firmer thighs, yet I only do lunges when I teach my classes. Blah blah blah blah

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM!!??!!

Lack of energy? Lack of motivation? Lack of accountability? Feeling overwhelmed? Yes. Yes to all.  But I'm not the only one. I know this. There are 1,000 of other women in the same boat as me. I need to get off my butt, crash the pity party, and WORK!!!!!


No comments: