Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Eating Home Cooked Meals: Week 1 Dinner Menu

Tonight is the eve of eating whatever is left in the pantry that's processed or that I may not buy again, so enjoy it. Tomorrow is October 1st the start of a new era in the Pangburn household. I guess it's weird to start on a Tuesday, but it is technically the first of the month. I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

I'm starting with one week. Just get through this week and the possibilities are limitless, I tell myself over and over again. My friend Nicole, at The Fresh Kitchen, has given my a dinner meal plan for this week. It is simple and fresh. I can't get it wrong! Breakfasts will consist of fruit, oats, and eggs. Lunches will be leftover pork loin in the freezer, that I had cut and divided into portions and what veggies I had that her meal plan did not call for.

WEEK ONE:
Tuesday - Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables

Wednesday - Tuna Pasta and Roasted Broccoli

Thursday - Spanish Tortilla and a Side Salad

Friday - Curried Coconut Tomato Soup and a Side Salad

Saturday - Leftovers

Sunday - Coconut Red Lentil Soup

I'm looking forward to each one of these meals. Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning. Feel free to try out these recipes and let me know how they turn out.

Tonight it's all about processed foods and chilling while we watch Criminal Minds. We have a slight obsession with this show. I had a box of  Blueberry Struesel Muffin Mix and they will go great with a cup of coffee and an episode of Criminal Minds.



I am going to update Facebook daily on my progress. I'll come in at the beginning and the end of each week with a blog post on my success or failure. Super excited for this new adventure into the domestic domain.

No comments: